{home} {blog} {about} {patterns}

Friday, September 24, 2010

For real, though.

Knit Picks Turkish Drop Spindle

I'm still spinning away on my Turkish Drop Spindle from KnitPicks. I am absolutely in love with it. I took it to knit night at my LYS, The Knit Nook, last night so i could show it off to the other spinners and spindlers (They're a very well rounded group there). I'm pretty sure as soon as i finish spinning some more of this yummy Merino/Silk blend, i will stain and possibly varnish the spindle, just because i think it'll be prettier.

Lopiiiiiiiiiiiii

Unfortunately for me they had several balls of this beautiful "Lite Lopi" (it's about the same gauge as eco wool from what i can tell from swatching it this morning) in the 25% off bin. I couldn't say no. It isn't enough to make a garment, but i'm hoping to find a nice color to go with it somewhere on the vast internets and make a button up vest for this winter. We'll see, eh?

Altbauten Mitten - In Process

My top secret death star plans are coming to fruitions. I just finished the gusset on this mitten and am trying to fly through the rest of the hand at top speed! The pattern will be available after October 8th, both online and through your LYS that carries Universal Yarn. (The mitten is knit out of their Pace sock yarn, which has been fantastic to work with and will be seen again in my designs, believe-you-me.)

One other little announcement-ish thing i wanted to make is to let the internet know i've begun work on a booklet of men's patterns. It is tentatively titled "The Boys in The Band" and will feature fun, modern menswear that all the dudes in your life will love (if they know what's best for them) but won't bore you to tears with endless, stockinette-of-doom, crew neck, set-in-sleeve sweaters. There'll be some accessories that will work unisex and several garments. I haven't decided on the amount of patterns or the length of the booklet, but i have over 15 different design concepts in my head i'm working on whittling down to a more manageable chunk. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment